Tarrant County College Southeast Campus is a Bee Campus USA Affiliate. Campuses who participate in this program commit to creating sustainable habitats for pollinators and meeting certain criteria:
- Create a Bee Campus USA Committee to oversee pollinator and education efforts
- Develop and maintain a Campus Pollinator Habitat Plan including information about local pollinator-friendly plants (and places to get them) and an integrated pest management plan
- Host an annual campus event to raise awareness about pollinators and acknowledge the institution's Bee Campus status.
- Sponsor and track student service-learning opportunities for improving pollinator habitats.
- At least biennially offer a pollinator protection workshop and/or incorporate pollinator protection topics into the curriculum.
- Post educational signage about pollinators and their habitats.
- Maintain a webpage to share news and information about local Bee Campus USA activities.
Please join us for our annual Arbor Day celebration in April to learn more about local pollinators and their habitat requirements.