Use this guide as a research tool to help you with your research for your GEOG 1302 Human Geography class. This guide will help you identify resources such as books, Library databases and websites for quick and efficient research. Take advantage of the large number of resources available!
Click on the right hand edge of the GEOG 1302 tab above to see the pull down menu of sources chosen specifically to assist you with your GEOG 1302 research assignment. The text of your assignment is in the box below.
Human Geography: Research Paper
The purpose of this research paper is to more thoroughly examine the people, places, and culture of a particular country. An outline is provided that acts as a template for required topics in the research paper. This template provides the minimum amount of topics covered to earn a passing grade. It is strongly encouraged to expand your research in one or more areas.
1. Introduction Statement-a brief overview of your country/area along with your main research topics (1-2 paragraphs)
2. General Description of Country/Area: location, physiographic, and climatic and demographic characteristics
3. Main body of Paper—your research topic
4. Tables, Graphs, Figures and Maps (inserted wherever appropriate)
5. Conclusion-your thoughts on the findings of your research (1-2 paragraphs)
All research papers require a minimum 3 minute presentation
You have the option of a complete oral presentation; however, an outline of your presentation is required
Note: This project is a pass/fail grade and is worth 10% towards your total grade.
LATE PAPER = FAIL…NO EXCEPTION