The mission of the ESOL/Academic Foundations Tutoring Center is to offer ongoing academic support for non-native English speakers and students in developmental reading and writing courses. Tutors offer assistance in reading, writing, and conversation to non-native English speakers in ESOL and transfer-credit courses. For students in developmental reading and writing, we offer assistance in reading comprehension, sentence relationships, vocabulary building, grammar reviews, and essay writing.
· Pronunciation Skills
· Conversational Practice
· Essay Assistance
· Grammar Reviews
· Punctuation Reviews
· Reading Accuplacer Workshops
· Writing Accuplacer Workshops
Assistance is available in one-on-one and small group settings. Contact us for more information.
Policies and Procedures
· Tutoring sessions are limited to 45 minutes a day and two sessions per week.
· Services are only available to current TCC students.
· Children are not allowed to attend tutoring sessions.
· Tutoring sessions do not take the place of classroom instruction; students must continue to attend class.
· Tutors do not write or edit drafts for students but can offer advice in a conversational manner to help students improve writing skills.